Mother and her daughter electrocuted inside her shop in Anambra

Mother and her daughter electrocuted inside her shop in Anambr

 

On Monday evening, a 10-year-old girl andher 55-year-old mother, Mrs. Patience Ughana, were electrocuted inside their shop along Nnewi-Nnobi road in Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra state.

 

Confirming the incident, Mr. Andrew Kumapayi, the state Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC, said a high tension wire fell on the shop, electrocuting the victims.

 

ALSO READ: Cable Thief gets Electrocuted In Anambra

 

A statement signed and released by Kumapayi on Tuesday May 19, read

 

“It was reported that a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, along Nnewi-Nnobi road cut and fell on the roof of a shop, electrocuting two female victims. The deceased were identified as Mrs Patience Ugbana, 55, and her 10 year-old daughter, Adaeze.

“The victims were rushed to Rose of Sharon Hospital by sympathisers before the arrival of FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command, but on reaching the hospital, the doctors confirmed them dead,” the statement read

 

The Sector Commander advised traders and shop owners not to build shops under high tension

Facebook- jeossy’s blog
Twitter @Jeossyjsblog
Instagram @Jeossy_js blog

Read more stories here

jeossyjs@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Reps demand for full details of Chinese doctors Whereabouts

Tue May 19 , 2020
The Minister of Health Dr Osagie Ehanire was on Tuesday May 19, questioned by members of the House of Representatives on whereabouts of the Chinese doctors who arrived the country last month.   ALSO READ; COVID-19: Results of Chinese experts in Nigeria released   The lawmakers who demanded the full […]
850 billion loan